Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

WSRETRY - Advanced SQL to filter users

RV
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Is there a way to configure WSRETRY job (through Advanced SQL) to not process any tasks on users when their User.CustomProperty10='ABC' and User.CustomProperty12'='XYZ' ?  

We do not want certain tasks to be processed based on their custom properties values.  

12 REPLIES 12

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Check below and see if it meets your requirement.

and at.userkey in (select userkey from users where customproperty10 !='ABC' and customproperty12 !='XYZ')

Give in advance query in the WSRETRYJOB.

Below link explains details how you can configure above query

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v2021x/page/Content/Chapter10-Job-Control-Panel/Job-C...

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

RV
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I tried with the Advanced SQL, and the provisioning job does not pick any tasks.   Can you please confirm if the users table be referred directly in the Advanced SQL?

arstasks table is exposed only

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

users table cannot be referred directly. Only arstasks table column can be used. Looking at below comments ,since userkey column is present in arstasks table, I assume it might be usable just like how they mentioned endpoint column. I would suggest try with simple query with userkey and see if it works.

<<

1. Using Advanced tab you can define an SQL query based on which WSRETRY job processes the tasks. The Advanced tab allows you to define a query using the arstasks table. In arstasks table you have columns such as accountkey, accountname, endpoint, securitysystem and so on.
    Usage: Suppose you want to filter tasks for a particular endpoint using an SQL query. The arstasks table has a column available as the endpoint. Using the SQL query: 'and at.endpoint in (2)' you can filter the tasks for the desired endpoint. Ensure that you start the query with 'and <followed by query>'. Enter the number of threads you want to spawn in Number of Parallel Processes.

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

RV
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Is there any other way to achieve this other than marking these Tasks as discontinued through customquery?

sai_sp
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

please try using the following query

and at.userkey in (select userkey from users where User.CustomProperty10 <> 'ABC' and User.CustomProperty12' <> 'XYZ' )

RV
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Did not work.    Should the table "users"  be referred as "Users" ?

paste the simple query that you are trying and error tht you see in the logs.

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi

and at.userkey in (select userkey from users u where u.customproperty10 = 'ABC' and u.customproperty12' = 'XYZ' )

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

RV
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

When I run the Provisioning job with the Advanced query, I do not see any errors in the log file and the Job history does not provide the link to click to view the run details.   Does this mean it did not complete/run?    I also see the Tasks that are supposed to be picked up still in the Pending queue without any provisioning comments.

RV_0-1683769016075.png

RV
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Looks like Advanced sql does not like <> operator.   I changed the query to something like this and it worked :

and at.userkey not in (select userkey from users u where u.customproperty10 = 'ABC' and u.customproperty11 = 'XYZ')

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Glad to know that it worked!!

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi