PARTNERS - Please join us for our upcoming webinar:
Leveraging Intelligent Recommendations for Operational Transformation.
AMS Partners click HERE | EMEA/APJ Partners click HERE

Workflow component for ARS Email Notifications.

Saviynt_Savvy
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello All,

I have a requirement of triggering emails ONLY for the tasks generated for the ARS requests approved.

I am using the Manager approval workflow.

For the ARS requests made by the requestor, I have configured the requirement of sending emails to the requestor and manager upon the request submission and approval as mentioned below.

1. Request submission Email for Requestor - upon the request submission.
2. Pending Approval Email for Manager - upon the request submission.
3. Approval Reminder Email for Manager - after 1 day.
4. Request approved Email for Requestor - upon the request approval.
5. Request rejection Email for Requestor - upon the request rejection.

I have configured all the above Email templates in the Manager approval workflow as mentioned in the screenshot below.

Saviynt_Savvy_0-1721412848577.png

But, other than the above 5 Email notifications, I need to trigger 2 more Email notifications, which I have configured at Endpoint level as shown below:

6. Email for requestor -  upon the Task creation
7. Email for requestor - upon the  ask completion.

Saviynt_Savvy_3-1721413717574.pngConfiguring the 6th and 7th Email notifications at the Endpoint level is triggering the Email notifications for the tasks generated through ARS request approval and also for the task generated through User Update Rules, Technical Rules, Analytics.

Is there any other way , that I can trigger the 6th and 7the Email notifications only for the tasks generated for approved ARS requests, but not for the tasks generated through any other means.

Thanks & Regards,
SaviyntSavvy

4 REPLIES 4

PremMahadikar
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @Saviynt_Savvy ,

I don't think you can control the trigger of email from endpoint level. 

Email would still be triggered, but what content inside the template can all be changed based on the source of the task. 

Using simple if else: <% if (task?.source == 'REQUEST') print "<HTML CODE FOR EMAIL 1>" else print "<HTML CODE FOR EMAIL 2>" %>

But try workflow XML to add 6th and 7th email notification. This should help you to acheive your use case.

Note: Only drawback using xml is - Once the view is in xml, it cannot be made to drag-drop and it's not feasible to modify the workflow after its view is xml.

If this helps, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can control TO CC address by if else condition

rushikeshvartak_0-1721433262743.png

• <%if (requestid == 'AutoGenerated') print "" else print "${user.email},${requestor.email}" %>

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Hello @rushikeshvartak ,

Thank you for the solution.
Could you please let me know in which table of the Data Analyzer I can see the "requestid" attribute.
Is the requestid and requestkey (in ars_requests table) both are same ?

Thanks & Regards,
Saviynt Savvy

requestkey and request id are different attributes from ars_requests table 

select REQUESTKEY,JBPMPROCESSINSTANCEID from ars_Requests

rushikeshvartak_1-1721661823024.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.