Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Workflow Backup

Badrul
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi team,

I am going to add some changes to an established workflow that are been using by some applications. Is there any way that I can have backup for the workflow if I am incorrectly add the changes? And, if it does have the backup option, are we able to import it?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

naveenss
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @Badrul use the transport functionality to export the original workflow before making any changes. 

In case if you want to revert to the original workflow after making the changes, use the import option to revert to the original working version. 

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

Badrul
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @naveenss 

Can you show me the transport functionality in the Saviynt?

Thanks

@Badrul  navigate to ADMIN > Transport > Export package to export the workflow

ADMIN > Transport > Import package to import the workflow into Saviynt. 

Note: Before importing the package, make sure you setup a workflow under admin > global configurations > misc > Transport request workflow.

Refer to the below documentation.

Transporting Packages (saviyntcloud.com)

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

Hi @naveenss 

are these applied when we setup the workflow through the UI?

thanks

@Badrul I'm not sure if I understood your question. Can you please elaborate?

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur

To setup the workflow is can be done by UI. And, another one can be setup by the xml right. So, the question that I am asking is does the transport function applied to both of the option?

thanks

@Badrul  :

1. Before importing the package, make sure you setup a workflow under admin > global configurations > misc > Transport request workflow. --> For this you can configure the AutoApproval WF. Create the same in Workflow tab and attach it in mentioned navigation.

2. Regarding :

navigate to ADMIN > Transport > Export package to export the workflow

ADMIN > Transport > Import package to import the workflow into Saviynt. 

--> Here you follow the mentioned navigation. Select the Workflow dropdown. Select the workflow which you want to back up and submit the request . It will be downloaded.

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

@Badrul yes. it applies for both xml and UI. 

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

Use the transport feature to export the existing version and then you can work on existing one.

If any impact observed, import back

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos