Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Workday RaaS - UserModifyJSON

Alex_Terry
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello, 

We have a requirement to store a user's manager's manager in a custom property. We wish to achieve this using the ModifyUserJSON as part of the connection so that we dont have to schedule an additional job to achieve this. 

With the below we get the error also specified below.

ModifyUserJSON:

{
"ADDITIONALTABLES": {
	"USERS": "SELECT USERKEY,EMAIL,USERNAME,MANAGER,STATUSKEY,EMPLOYEEID FROM USERS"},

"COMPUTEDCOLUMNS": [
	"USERNAME", "STATUSKEY", "MANAGER", "ENDDATE", "STARTDATE","CUSTOMPROPERTY8" ,"CUSTOMPROPERTY9", "CUSTOMPROPERTY14", "CUSTOMPROPERTY15", "CUSTOMPROPERTY18", "EMAIL", "CUSTOMPROPERTY20"],

"PREPROCESSQUERIES": [
    "UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET NEWUSERDATA.STATUSKEY=1","UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET NEWUSERDATA.EMAIL = CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(EMAIL,'@',1),'@XXX.uk')",
	"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET NEWUSERDATA.MANAGER = (select CURRENTUSERS.USERNAME FROM CURRENTUSERS WHERE CURRENTUSERS.EMPLOYEEID = NEWUSERDATA.CUSTOMPROPERTY4 AND CURRENTUSERS.STATUSKEY = 1)",
	"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET NEWUSERDATA.ENDDATE = DATE_FORMAT(NEWUSERDATA.CUSTOMPROPERTY15, '%b %d, %Y %H:%i:%s')",
	"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET NEWUSERDATA.STARTDATE = DATE_FORMAT(NEWUSERDATA.CUSTOMPROPERTY14, '%b %d, %Y %H:%i:%s')",
	"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET NEWUSERDATA.CUSTOMPROPERTY8 = CASE WHEN NEWUSERDATA.CUSTOMPROPERTY8 = 0 THEN 'FALSE' WHEN NEWUSERDATA.CUSTOMPROPERTY8 = 1 THEN 'TRUE' ELSE NEWUSERDATA.CUSTOMPROPERTY8 END",		
	"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET NEWUSERDATA.CUSTOMPROPERTY9 = CASE WHEN NEWUSERDATA.CUSTOMPROPERTY9 = 0 THEN 'FALSE' WHEN NEWUSERDATA.CUSTOMPROPERTY9 = 1 THEN 'TRUE' ELSE NEWUSERDATA.CUSTOMPROPERTY9 END",
	"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET NEWUSERDATA.STATUSKEY = CASE WHEN NEWUSERDATA.CUSTOMPROPERTY5 < CURDATE() THEN 0 ELSE 1 END",
	"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET NEWUSERDATA.CUSTOMPROPERTY20 = (SELECT USERS.manager FROM USERS WHERE USERS.userkey = NEWUSERDATA.manager)"
]
}

Error: 

2023-11-17T12:24:02.213796243Z stdout F 2023-11-17 12:24:02,213 [quartzScheduler_Worker-2] ERROR services.ImportSAvDataUserService  - Error while processing data: 
2023-11-17T12:24:02.213808643Z stdout F com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation: Data truncation: Truncated incorrect DOUBLE value: '123546'

Please can you advise?

4 REPLIES 4

Saathvik
All-Star
All-Star

@Alex_Terry : First of all I want to check if you are able to see manager for user properly? I see a conflicting statements

Here you are setting user manager with username which is string

"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET NEWUSERDATA.MANAGER = (select CURRENTUSERS.USERNAME FROM CURRENTUSERS WHERE CURRENTUSERS.EMPLOYEEID = NEWUSERDATA.CUSTOMPROPERTY4 AND CURRENTUSERS.STATUSKEY = 1)",

where as below you are comparing with userkey with manager column which you are setting username in above statement

"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET NEWUSERDATA.CUSTOMPROPERTY20 = (SELECT USERS.manager FROM USERS WHERE USERS.userkey = NEWUSERDATA.manager)"

Adjust your query accordingly

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Alex_Terry
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @Saathvik 

Thanks for your reply.

In the user page we can see the managers as expected. When I query this in the data analyzer I see that the manager is returned as  the userkey for that manager and as such is why i'm matching on that in the second query. Is that the incorrect way to view this?

@Alex_Terry : I think once you assign manager internally it is translating to key of the manager. Here in this case you compare the data with newuserdata which is not yet translated so try to compare with username instead of userkey and see if that works

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Alex_Terry
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hey @Saathvik thanks for your help, this hasn't resolved the issue but we no longer have need for this use case. I will spend some time at a later date and validate this potential fix.