Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Which all characters are not supported in password in Saviynt connectors?

GauravJain
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I know Saviynt does not support double quote in password. But do we have a list of other characters not supported by Saviynt in password field in connectors?

7 REPLIES 7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

There is no firm list per connector. You need to test with each character and validate. You have mentioned double quotes not supported in which connector?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

GauravJain
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @rushikeshvartak it should not be connector specific. i think in general there are some characters which are not supported by Saviynt in PASSWORD field. I have faced an issue with LDAP connector where double quotes is not allowed but its not LDAP specific. If you try double quote in password for other connectors then also it wont work.

Secondly, yesterday we were facing another issue with JIRA connector where we had one special character @ symbol and rest of the characters were alphanumeric but the password was working outside Saviynt and Saviynt was throwing 401 authentication failure message. After removing @ symbol it started working.

There has to be some documentation on this topic as we have faced this issue twice so far and we can't really try out different characters to make it work.

Regards

Gaurav

This all trail and error no firm documentation 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

GauravJain
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Can you raise this issue to concerned people on my behalf?

You can provide feedback on documentation portal

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

GauravJain
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Done that already but not sure how much time it will take? i have done this earlier as well few months back but no revert so far.

Check with CSM

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak