PARTNERS - Please join us for our upcoming webinar:
Leveraging Intelligent Recommendations for Operational Transformation.
AMS Partners click HERE | EMEA/APJ Partners click HERE

Usershistory table Changelog - Blob data is not readable

ybharadwaj319
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Everyone,

We are on version 24.3 and are trying to fetch the changelog column data from the usershistory table.

As per the below document, I see that this column should be retrieved in human-readable format, but we are still seeing this in BLOB format.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v24x/page/Content/Chapter17-EIC-Analytics/Managing-An...

I tried with both SQL query and Runtime analytics as well, but it is not working on both.

Anyone of you are aware if this needs any separate config turned on or should we raise a FD ticket with Saviynt?

9 REPLIES 9

ybharadwaj319
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @Raghu,

Thanks for responding, but I referred these forum posts before posting my query.

I see it has worked for them but none of it explains what can be done if it is not returning the data in human readable format.

Regards,

Bharadwaj Y.

PremMahadikar
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @ybharadwaj319 ,

Can you try passing the below query:

Using SQL Query: (Run it twice)

SELECT u.username,uh.CHANGELOG,uh.RULERUNS,uh.UPDATEDATE as date,uh.UPDATEDBY,uh.USERKEY,uh.USERSHISTORYKEY from usershistory uh left join users u on uh.userkey = u.userkey

OR 

Runtime Analytics: (Run it twice)

SELECT u.username,uh.CHANGELOG,uh.RULERUNS,uh.UPDATEDATE as date,uh.UPDATEDBY,uh.USERKEY,uh.USERSHISTORYKEY from usershistory uh left join users u on uh.userkey = u.userkey and u.username=${username}

Both the queries are working fine (24.5). What I noticed is, the first run didn't display correct data, the second run did. Probably try running twice.

If this helps, please select Accept As Solution and hit Kudos

Hi @PremMahadikar,

I tried multiple times but still I see the data is being returned in BLOB format.

When you say it didn't display correct data on first run, was it still reporting it in BLOB format for you?

If so, was anything done different before trying it the next time?

Regards,

Bharadwaj Y.

I see this has been broken in v24.4

rushikeshvartak_3-1717043194514.png

And working 24.5 

rushikeshvartak_2-1717043150035.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

I see like this in v24.5 and 24.7 

How to see it in readable format? Is this a known issue?

yogesh2_0-1721106691487.png

working in both version

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

We recently migrated to v24.5 and still see this option not working.

I have raised a ticket with the support team, who are currently working with Engineering team.

I will keep this thread updated once resolved.

Regards,

Bharadwaj Y.

Validate sub version of release

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak