Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Username Generation(Remove accent letters and Special character )

PuspanjaliM
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi team,

Our expectation ,Saviynt should remove all special charter, space and accent letters(ä, ë, ï, ö, ü, ÿ) while generating the username.

This is the rule I'm using to remove the special character and spaces and it's working

concat(replace(replace(replace(replace(users.firstname,' ',''),'@',''),'$',''),'!','') , substring(replace(replace(replace(replace(users.lastname,' ',''),'@',''),'$',''),'!',''),1,1))

But I want to remove the the accent letters (ä, ë, ï, ö, ü, ÿ) as well

Could team help me to know, How I can achieve that.

2 REPLIES 2

nimitdave
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

You can leverage the database functions FN_EIC_REPLACE for the same

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v2022x/page/Content/Chapter02-Identity-Repository/Dat....

This DB function works in conjunction with the REPLACE_MAPPING dataset provided by Saviynt, which contains default alternatives for replacing these letters and characters.

Hi Nimitdave

Yes actually I went through that document and I used the function "FN_EIC_REPLACE" but it didn't work for me ,it is not removing the spaces , special character and accent letters

doc.png

PFA The query I used,

concat(FN_EIC_REPLACE(users.firstname,null) , FN_EIC_REPLACE(substring(users.lastname,1,1),null))

Please let me know if any enhancement required on above query.