PARTNERS - Please join us for our upcoming webinar:
Leveraging Intelligent Recommendations for Operational Transformation.
AMS Partners click HERE | EMEA/APJ Partners click HERE

User Update Rule not generating User Mail

indrahema95
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

We have a user update rule which used to work perfectly fine in v5.5. After migrating to 23.12 somehow it is not working. It supposed to generate user mail based on some condition, which is not happening.

Can someone suggest how can this be fixed? 

indrahema95_0-1707943031500.pngindrahema95_1-1707943116969.png

Regards,

Indranil

13 REPLIES 13

SumathiSomala
All-Star
All-Star

@indrahema95 

What is you Email Generation Rule  at global config ?

did you turn off /uncheck Reuse same email for user config in global configurations?

Regards,
Sumathi Somala

If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • It seems you are using custom database stored procedure which is not migrated into new database. Please raise support ticket and to move stored procedure
  • or 
  • Use proper parentheses

(##a.customproperty60 isupdated## and a.customproperty60 is not null) and a.email is null​

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Hi @rushikeshvartak , I checked with migration team. They confirmed that is migrated properly and they have given screenshots also. The parenthesis I yet to test. Strange thing is new hire email generation, system user generation is happening properly as per stored procedure, only the rehire case is affecting this. 

Regards,

Indra

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Another solution is turning off the "Reuse same email for user" in global configuration.

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/generate-user-email/td-p/44712

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

I tried it once and got the same result.

Regards,

Indra

Share logs. I have validated in 24.1 and its working

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Hi @rushikeshvartak actually this worked. We had some other problem also, but this was one of the main reason why the email didn't regenerate. 

Regards,

Indranil

Alex
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@rushikeshvartak  sorry for hijacking this thread, but is this planned that the preference for "Reuse same email for user" is working in the intended way.

Based on documentation and the description text below, you should check this field, if you want to reuse an already existing mail address.
Example:
User is inactive and has set john.doe@company.com on the user. If the mentioned preference is checked and you have a rejoiner action, the result is, that the user will keep the same mail and now new mail will be generated (even if this is configured on the import job).

If I now uncheck ""Reuse same email for user", the assumption would be, that the user will get a new mail address, because the reuse is unchecked. For example john2.doe@company.com

So based on the description in the docu and also on the attribute, it is unclear how this flag works and if it works at all in the intended way.

Can you provide maybe a sufficient explanation, when to use this flag and when not and possible at this to the documentation.

@Alex  I had a similar case and ended up logging ticket with Saviynt. I am yet to get the response from Saviynt support.

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

Alex
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Manu269 Have you received a response from Saviynt regarding this topic?. Thanks!

Response is still awaited.

They are checking with engineering team.

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

Please use feedback option on documentation

rushikeshvartak_0-1709695919197.png

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v24x/page/Content/Chapter06-EIC-Configurations/Config...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Alex
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Manu269 sounds good, can you please keep up posted about the outcome?

Thanks
Alex