Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

User Update Rule Issue

SIRAJMOLLA
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi All,

We configured a user update rule for inactivating the user then we configured another rule for triggering deprovision access and account but when we are updating the attribute as per that it is triggering inactivate user task with remove account only .It is not triggering remove access as per the rule.

Below is the two rule screenshot-

SIRAJMOLLA_0-1715856440117.pngSIRAJMOLLA_1-1715856524586.png

Please let us know how this issue can be resolved.

With Regards,

Siraj Molla

5 REPLIES 5

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Validate if below config enabled for endpoint

rushikeshvartak_0-1715915299343.png

Create Dependent Entitlement Task for Remove Access
ON 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find this response useful, kindly consider selecting 'Accept As Solution' and clicking on the 'Kudos' button.

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

I enable create Dependent Entitlement Task for Remove Access form endpoint when I inactivated the user through rule I saw that it's triggering remove account and access task for all endpoint .But if I disable rule for leaver scenario trigger and if I am inactivating the user then without rule it is automatically triggering remove account only for all endpoint.

Is there any config available to stop that automatic task trigger without rule.

With Regards,

Siraj Molla

Why are we disabling rule and ideally disabling rule should not use inactive rule. and trigger task. what is source of task in arstasks table ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find this response useful, kindly consider selecting 'Accept As Solution' and clicking on the 'Kudos' button.

SIRAJMOLLA
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

We created two different rule one is only for changing the user status to inactive and the other is for triggering the deprovision access when user is updated to inactive. But when I turn off the second rule I saw that it is triggering remove account task automatically. 

With Regards,

Siraj Molla

What is source and sourceid in arstasks table ?

rushikeshvartak_0-1716313069209.png

select source ,sourceid,taskkey from arstasks where source ='PROVRULE' and sourceid is not null

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak