Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

User password in email

Nithin_Janagama
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I am trying to send the username and password of a user to their email immediately after onboarding to Saviynt. I used user update rule to do so. In the mail I am getting the username properly but getting the encrypted version of the user password. I used ${user.password} in the email template. I am getting the password like: "$2a$10$fwntoXbq4hvhpghhEyE00.DX3iW2gKzhYAkwCB3zKCY0bxEm5du4O". Also when I want to set the account password same as the user password while creating an account in AD, I am facing the same issue, the enoded password is being set as userPassword for AD account too.

4 REPLIES 4

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You won’t be able to set user’s password to account .

in email use ${password}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find this response useful, kindly consider selecting 'Accept As Solution' and clicking on the 'Kudos' button.

adarshk
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

You Can use the below sample in the email to share the email with password:

Hello ${user.firstname} ${user.lastname}

This is to notify that your password is reset by - ${changedBy.firstname} ${changedBy.lastname} (${changedBy.username})
<% if (changedBy.username==user.username)print ""
else print "New password is - ${password}"%>

Ref: https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter06-EIC-Configurations/Creati...

Hi @adarshk , sorry for the late reply, tried using ${password}, but the email isn't getting triggered, but without using the variable ${password} the email is getting triggered but unable to retrieve the password.

To get what variables are present to use in the email template, check using the below expression. By putting it in the email body, it will print all variable names with values, and then accordingly, you can use it:

${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "" + "br" + ">"}}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find this response useful, kindly consider selecting 'Accept As Solution' and clicking on the 'Kudos' button.