Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

User Manager Campaign along with Entitlement Owner Campaign

AS5278
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi All,

We have a requirement for an application where the User Access Review needs to be done in 2 steps.

Step 1: The User Manager reviews whether the users should have an account in that application.

Step 2: The owners of the entitlements review whether the accounts should have the entitlement of not.

I understand that Step 1 can be achieved using the 'User Manager Campaign' and for step 2 we would need to use the 'Entitlement Owner Campaign'.

However, both of these campaign needs to be launched at the same time. So, I have a few queries regarding the process.

1). Would there be any discrepancies?.

For example: The User Manager might reject the account of a User and that users accounts will get deleted in target. Now for this same account, if in the Entitlement Owner Campaign, the owner rejects any access..will the revoke access task be generated?.(Note that the account is already deleted as part of User Manager Campaign).

And, even if the task gets generated ..how is to going to process if the account itself is not present in target?.

I am really confused and do not know what is he right approach to take in this case. Should there be an ample amount of gap between the launch of the User Manager Campaign and EO campaign?. Should they not be launched together?.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Atul SIingh

xurde
2 REPLIES 2

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can't launch both campaigns same time

1). Would there be any discrepancies?.

For example: The User Manager might reject the account of a User and that users accounts will get deleted in target. Now for this same account, if in the Entitlement Owner Campaign, the owner rejects any access..will the revoke access task be generated?.(Note that the account is already deleted as part of User Manager Campaign). - Task will not be generated 

And, even if the task gets generated ..how is to going to process if the account itself is not present in target?. - Task will not be generated 

I am really confused and do not know what is he right approach to take in this case. Should there be an ample amount of gap between the launch of the User Manager Campaign and EO campaign?. Should they not be launched together?.

Use Tiered campaigns

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v24x/page/Content/Chapter15-Campaigns-and-Certificati... 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

AS5278
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

@rushikeshvartakThanks. I have an idea now of how to setup the campaigns.

xurde