Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

User Generation rule not working for multiple cases

ayane_ahmed
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I am currently implementing the username generation rule with the following use case:

- The username is the concatenation between the 7 first lastname's characters and the first firstname character. If the lastname contains less than 7 characters, all the lastname is included in the username

- If there is a duplicate, a numerical value has to be added at the end of the username. It also has to be incremented: exemple: Alain Dupont with the username duponta and Allan Dupont with the username duponta1

For the moment, I am only focusing on the lastname that contains less than 7 characters and I also want to handle only one duplicate, so I have applied this rule:

CASE WHEN (LENGTH(users.lastname)<7) THEN lower(concat(users.lastname,substring(users.firstname,1,1))) END ### CASE WHEN (LENGTH(users.lastname)<7) THEN lower(concat(users.lastname,substring(users.firstname,1,1),substring('1',1,1))) END

However it is not working and I have an error when checking the logs: 

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:120)

I also tried to use only one '#' but the problem is still the same.

Can anyone help on how to handle multiple use cases for duplicates ?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @ayane_ahmed 

Can you please use the below and try it out- it should work

(CASE WHEN (LENGTH(users.lastname)<11) THEN lower(concat(users.lastname,substring(users.firstname,1,1))) END) # (CASE WHEN (LENGTH(users.lastname)<11) THEN lower(concat(users.lastname,substring(users.firstname,1,1),substring('1',1,1))) END)

Thanks
Darshan

Hello @Darshanjain 

It worked, thank you.

Regards,