Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Updating Saviynt account from AD recon

Cliffy
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello Saviynt Team,

I have seen this question asked and answered and I am following documentation and another working example.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/AD-v23x/page/Content/Configuring-the-Integration-for-Importing-...

I am trying to update the user email from the value updated from the AD recon.  I am using the USER_ATTRIBUTE field on my AD connection.  Very simple, just this:

[EMAIL::mail#String,CUSTOMPROPERTY26::objectGUID#Binary,RECONCILATION_FIELD::CUSTOMPROPERTY26]

I see the value pulled in and updated on the account, but don't see my users email updated.  Thoughts?  I fell I am missing something very simple.

7 REPLIES 7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Does it work if email stored to users customproperty ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Cliffy
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

I tried to update custom property 64 with the mail property using the code below, it did not work for me.

[CUSTOMPROPERTY64::mail#String,CUSTOMPROPERTY26::objectGUID#Binary,RECONCILATION_FIELD::CUSTOMPROPERTY26]

Does mail attribute have value in AD ? Sample screenshot masking actual email.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Cliffy
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

The email during recon is updating on CP2 for the AD account on the user in the Saviynt UI.  I am not seeing it update to the user when I try to have the mail value updated to email field or the customproperty64.

Cliffy
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Is there a different way to have an update made to an application, via recon, apply to the user record?  I am trying to capture an email update from an AD recon and apply it to the user record in Saviynt.

Below are approch

• Use Saviynt 4 Saviynt to migrate account information to user profile.
  • Use Preprocessor (MODIFYUSERDATAJSON)

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

You can try SAV TO SAV also, let AD recon update accounts table and post that run sav to sav job to update users table(which will take data from accounts table and update it in users table)

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.