Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Understanding CyberArk vault connector configuration parameters

GauravJain
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Doc link - Understanding the Integration Between EIC and CyberArk Vault (saviyntcloud.com)

Few of the configuration parameters in cyberark vault & other connector type like AD where CyberArk will be used as a vault are not explained properly in above given documentation and hence this forum post to get better understanding.

In CyberArk vault connector

1. DEFAULT_PATH - From doc "To obtain multiple encrypted attributes, the API is separately initiated for each attribute." 

which encrypted attributes it is referring to here?

In AD connector - where i am using CyberArk as vault

1. Save Credential Vault - From doc "Select this parameter to save the encrypted attribute in the vault configured with the connector."

which encrypted attributes it is referring to here?

2. Account Id Credential Vault Connection - From doc "Specify the path of the vault to obtain the secret data. Suffix the name of the connector to this path to make it unique for the connector."

is it talking about appending connector name with vault config path in AD (or any other connector type)? 

3. From doc "After the path is updated, click Advanced for mapping the encrypted attributes of the connector with the vault secret key as shown in the attached screenshot"

Whats the significance of this configuration? does Saviynt allow to save any data in CyberArk vault or it can just retrieve the credential for selected AccountID? i think we have to keep this configuration blank only, not sure?

4. If i take example of AD connector then why do i need to enter password if i am configuring Vault? Password text box is still mandatory, not sure how Saviynt retrieves password for configured account id and makes it available for AD connector to use?

[This post has been edited by a Moderator - We do not allow the tagging of employees or other forum users unless they have already been active on the forum thread.]

8 REPLIES 8

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @GauravJain ,

We are checking on this and we will keep you posted.

Hi - Any updates on my query?

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @GauravJain,

Thanks for your patience,we are internally checking on this and we will keep you posted.

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @GauravJain,

We have drafted a response for your queries ,but it is being reviewed and once we have the approval we will update this forum post thanks for your patience.

Thanks for an update @DixshantValecha but its really taking significant time to verify such basic stuff about a connector configuration.

Saviynt really needs to work on its documentation. I have also raised couple of feedbacks on various pages but i don't see any updates even after few weeks, vey slow process.

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @GauravJain,

Thank you for your patience. We have relayed our feedback to the documentation team, and the necessary updates to the respective documentation will be made promptly. Rest assured, we will keep you informed of any developments in this regard.

Hi @DixshantValecha Is the documentation updated?

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @GauravJain,

The document is still in review,but I will update you once the changes have been made.