Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Unable to install SSL certificate for IIS website

Saikumar2328
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Team, Need your suggestions,

I'm trying to establish connection between  EIC and the collaboration platform hosted by Windows Server 

I have completed the IIS installation on windows server.

Imported Saviynt app package and started deploying Saviynt App.

created application under default website, while installing the certificate , I'm not able to find the certificate in the Edit Site Binding page.

I have followed the link.

Understanding the Integration between EIC and Windows Server (saviyntcloud.com)

Created SAVAPP In default website, these are the settings for my app

Saikumar2328_0-1724396551536.png

Not able to see the certificate with port in 443 in the respective path.

Please guide me if I have missed anything.

5 REPLIES 5

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

steps to help you resolve the issue:

1. Check Certificate Installation

• Certificate Store: Ensure that the certificate was installed correctly on the server. It should be installed in the Personal store for the Local Computer account.
  • Certificate Type: Verify that the certificate is a valid SSL certificate with a private key. You can check this by opening the certificate in the Certificates MMC and confirming that it says "You have a private key that corresponds to this certificate."
  • Correct Format: Ensure that the certificate is in the correct format. IIS typically requires a .pfx file (which includes the private key). If you have a .cer file or a .crt file, you might need to convert it to .pfx using OpenSSL or a similar tool.

2. Reimport the Certificate

• Sometimes, the certificate might not appear in IIS even if it's installed. Reimport the certificate into the Personal store and ensure that the private key is associated with it.
  • Use the Certificates MMC (run mmc.exe, then add the Certificates snap-in for the Local Computer) to do this:
    • Right-click on Personal > Certificates and choose Import.
    • Follow the wizard to import your .pfx file, ensuring you mark the key as expo

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

@rushikeshvartak - I'm not able to find the Personal > Certificates  path, can you please share the full location link for this.

Also please share the path for certificate store.

Steps to Access the Personal Certificate Store and Import a Certificate:

1. Open the Microsoft Management Console (MMC):

• Press Win + R to open the Run dialog.
    • Type mmc and press Enter.
  2. Add the Certificates Snap-In:

• In the MMC, go to File > Add/Remove Snap-in....
    • In the left pane, select Certificates and click Add >.
    • Choose Computer account when prompted and click Next.
    • Select Local computer (the computer this console is running on) and click Finish.
    • Click OK to close the snap-in selection window.
  3. Navigate to the Personal Certificate Store:

• In the MMC, expand the Certificates (Local Computer) node in the left pane.
    • Expand the Personal node.
    • Click on Certificates under Personal. This is where you can view and manage certificates installed on your local machine.
  4. Import the Certificate:

• Right-click on Certificates under the Personal node.
    • Select All Tasks > Import....
    • Follow the Certificate Import Wizard:
      • Browse to your .pfx file and select it.
      • Enter the password for the private key, if required.
      • Make sure to check the box for "Mark this key as exportable..." if you need to export the certificate later.
      • Place the certificate in the Personal store (this should be selected by default).
    • Complete the wizard to finish importing the certificate.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Hi @rushikeshvartak - I have tried above 3 steps, successfully completed, In step4 i'm not able to find any .PFX file , where we have find that .pfx file, do we need to collect it from saviynt app package?

Download SSL certificate from your saviynt URL from browser

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak