Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Unable to bulk upload additional owners for existing AD groups

Shanmathi
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

I am trying to bulk upload additional owners for existing AD groups that are currently requestable within an endpoint but the additional owners are not being added.

I followed the instructions in this documentation from Saviynt but still, something doesn't seem to work. - https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter02-Identity-Repository/Uploa...

The file I'm trying to import. Any assistance would be appreciated!

Shanmathi_0-1717618285093.png

12 REPLIES 12

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Keyword is add not update

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/entitlement-owner-via-csv/m-p/59306#M36402

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

PremMahadikar
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @Shanmathi ,

You file seems correct.

FYI, Rushi, update is correct as well. This is working fine for me on existing entitlement update.

PremMahadikar_0-1717621617768.png

Try using the sample file attached. Recommend editing in notepad to check comma separated values.

If this helps, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos

Shanmathi
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Thank you. I will try this and see if it works. Also, can there be multiple owners with the same rank? I'm trying to upload 2 different owners with rank 1 and there is already an existing owner with rank 1 in Saviynt for these AD groups.

There can be multiple owner it will be different line with username

rushikeshvartak_0-1717643450140.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

@Shanmathi ,

Can there be multiple owners with the same rank?

Yes, there can be multiple owners with same rank!

If this helps, please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos

Shanmathi
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

I tried uploading the entitlements file again by adding quotes and changing the action to add, but it still didn't update them and doesn't show the error. Any suggestions?

Shanmathi_0-1717774760633.pngShanmathi_1-1717774776823.png

Share import file with masking confidential info

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Shanmathi
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

I've uploaded a sample file by masking confidential information. This is the format I've used to import the owners but still nothing happens. 

use pipe as separator and try its working

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Shanmathi
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

I tried pipe as a separator with and without quotes but still didn't work. 

Shanmathi_0-1718725889269.png

Shanmathi_1-1718725907537.png

share logs 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Shanmathi
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

I had the Security System's display name instead of the actual name in the CSV. Fixing that resolved the issue. Thank you for the assistance.