Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Trigger password change for one endpoint from User update rule.

RT
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello team,

I have created one user update rule for the change password trigger but when I select the endpoint there is only one option available. That is ALL.

I want to trigger a change password/Reset password for the account of one endpoint Active Directory.

Please let me know how I can achieve it.

Thanks

RT

6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

What is connector type ? it’s supposed to specific connectors only 

rushikeshvartak_0-1718196527057.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

RT
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

@rushikeshvartak We have multiple connectors like AD, REST, and SOAP but they are not visible as you can see.

RT_1-1718197673645.png

RT_2-1718197735934.png

Please let me know from where I can unable these options in the User update rule.

Change Password

Change Password Task

From Release 5.5.0SP2, Change Password action is introduced to using which you can trigger change password tasks for all or selected endpoints. Only those endpoints are displayed which have a password policy set at the security system level. The precedence is given to the password policy set at the security system level. If no password policy is set at the security system level then connection level password policy is used.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v24x/page/Content/Chapter05-Policies/Creating-User-Up...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

PremMahadikar
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @RT ,

I think this is due to missing password policy at the security system level.

PremMahadikar_0-1718198307425.png

Add the password policy then the endpoint would be visible under action > change password > Select Endpoints.

If this helps, please select Accept As Solution and hit Kudos

RT
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

@rushikeshvartak I have one another tenant V24.4. There I can see all the connectors. 

RT_0-1718198398220.png

Maybe it needs to be configured like that somewhere.

Please let me know if you have any ideas about it.

Thanks

RT

You need to have password policy attached to security system

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak