Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Technical Rule Filter Query for user update rules

rajsannidhi
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

We are trying to automate user offboarding via user update rule and run detective rules job. Tested it in version 5.5sp3.9 but the Technical Rule Filter Query did not filter the specific user update rule. It checked all user update rules. 

we are currently testing v24.5 for upgrade. Does this filter work for both Technical and user update Rules?

rajsannidhi_0-1717598285000.png

5 REPLIES 5

NM
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @rajsannidhi , as per my knowledge it only works for detective technical rule.

Raghu
All-Star
All-Star

@rajsannidhi 

Technical rule :

Raghu_0-1717601976301.png

User Update rule  if want trigger u need enable retro fit detective  check box , it will trigger

Raghu_1-1717602088792.png

i want create all exiting access use below also user update rule it create all depro access and revoke , if want you can mention  hql query specific rule level

Raghu_2-1717602398985.png

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.

PremMahadikar
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @rajsannidhi ,

The answer is no even in 24.5v. It will pick all user update rules. This configuration Technical Rule Filter Query is only meant to filter technical detective rules.

I believe you have created an idea on this use case. Well, we need one to avoid triggering for all user update rules, so voted for it - Technical Rule Filter Query (HQL) for user | Saviynt Ideas Portal

If this helps, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos

rajsannidhi
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@Raghu Thank you for the details, do you agree with @PremMahadikar or do you suggest testing it.

@PremMahadikar Thank you details. Yes, I did create the idea. Appreciate you voting for it.

As mentioned by Prem  and it’s suggested in label its only used by detective technical rules only. tested and validated in v24.5

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.