Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Storing AD DN, samaccountname on user

asp
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi all,

I need to save the user's AD DN and samaccountname on a couple of user's customproperty fields. As far as I know, there are 2 ways to do this:

a. Configure an AD user import and map the the 2 AD attributes to the desired user customproperty fields. 

b. Use the in-line preprocessor, during a user-import, to read from the ACCOUNTS table, and get the samaccountname and DN with the preprocessor query. 

Is there any other way? Also - between the above 2 options - which is the 'right' way to store account attributes on to the user profile in customproperty fields? 

It seems like configuring another user import from AD, is unnecessary as the required data is already being pulled as a part of the AD account import. 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • You can use sav4sav REST connector 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

asp
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thanks Rushikesh. Can you elaborate some more? Or where can I read up on the sav4sav connector and its usage?

asp
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

If I use the AD connection's 'user_attribute' parameter and set it to this - 

[
username::employeeID#String,
customproperty22::sAMAccountName#String,
customproperty23::mail#String,
customproperty24::distinguishedName#String,
RECONCILATION_FIELD::username
]

And then run a AD user import job (UPDATE only, not create), then that should allow me to pull in these AD attributes on the user's CustomProperties right?  Note that in my case, the username of the user is the employee ID. Thats why the reconiliation_field is set as username. 

You can use above mentioned approch setting user_attribute in AD connector.

Sav4Sav: It will be REST Connector. Reading the analysis report and pushing required information to users 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.