Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Specify Target OU When Creating AD groups from Saviynt

KK
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi.
When creating AD groups from Saviynt, I want to specify target OU.

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/general-discussions/create-ad-groups-in-different-ous-through-saviynt/...
According to above article, I can specify target OU by write advancedGroupFilter in groupImportMapping as following.

"advanceGroupFilter":{"memberOf":{

"OU=ABC,DC=saviyntlabs,DC=org": ["(&(objectClass=group))"],

"OU=XYZ,DC=saviyntlabs,DC=org": ["(&(objectClass=group))"]}},

But, in this case, I see "Group 1", "Group 2",....... in Application Name and can't know which OU is Group1.

KK_0-1697432232325.png

I have many OUs, so, I want to specify which Application Name is which OU.
Can I specify Application Name value related with OU name?

Best Regards,

3 REPLIES 3

SumathiSomala
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @KK You can see the OU details in Groups Name.

Enter the Groups Name Suffix ,Endpoint and  Application Name details on create AD group page, automatically Groups Name will be displayed with Complete group DN(on which OU this group will be created).

SumathiSomala_1-1697439281122.png

Refer the below doc for more information

Managing Active Directory Groups (saviyntcloud.com)

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Sumathi Somala

If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos.

KK
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@SumathiSomala 
Thank you.
Yes, I can see OU details in Groups Name.
But, I have to select Application Name first.
Until I select Application Name, I don't know which OU is related to. This is my concern.

Let's imagine that there are dozens of OUs in AD and the same number of Application Name.
I try to select Application Name, but I don't know which Application Name to select because I don't know which Application Name is related to which OU.
After select Application Name, I can see OU in Groups Name, but, it is hard to select all Application Name one by one to check if the Application Name is related to OU that I want to create Group to because there are many OUs and same number of Application Name.

So, I want to customize Application Name value(enter OU name to Application Name) so that I can know which Application Name to select.
Is it possible?

Best Regards,

@KK You can try with gsp files

Refer the below link for more information.

Create AD groups in different OUs - Naming of the ... - Saviynt Forums - 50235

If this reply answered your question, please Accept it As Solution to help others who may have a similar problem.

Regards,
Sumathi Somala

If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos.