Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

SFTP connection is failing with SSH Key

Padmavathi
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Team,

I have created connection SFTP as per the instruction in the document Configuring the Integration for File Transfer (saviyntcloud.com)

But with username and password connection is successful. But we should use SSH key instead of password as auth credential type.

If I use SSH key from putty file, connection is failing with the below error.

Exception in testConnection : |com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth fail

Can anyone please help to solve the issue.

12 REPLIES 12

Saathvik
All-Star
All-Star

@Padmavathi : Did you convert the ppk file to .pem file or .ssh format? If not please try to convert it to one of the above format. For reference follow: Converting .ppk file to .pem file 

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Padmavathi
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @Saathvik 

Thanks for the response!!!

I have converted the ppk file to ssh key and placed the content in ssh file under AUTH_CREDENTIAL_VALUE

I am getting error like this in logs "Exception in testConnection : |com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth fail".

Then I tried in another way which is converting ppk file to pem file.

Now I placed the content from .pem file in AUTH_CREDENTIAL_VALUE

Now I am facing this error: 

ERROR-PEM key file specified in AUTH_CREDENTIAL_VALUE is not found
2024-04-15T19:28:51+05:30-connectorms-c.s.s.s.service.SFTPAuthService-http-nio-8980-exec-2-lxdzw-DEBUG-Exception in testConnection : |java.lang.Exception: PEM key file specified in AUTH_CREDENTIAL_VALUE is not found|

Can you please help me, If I missed anything

Thanks,

Padmavathi

@Padmavathi : Were you able to connect to server outside of Saviynt using private key file?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Did you restarted server post uploading key ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @Saathvik @rushikeshvartak 

Thanks for the response!

I have removed the key comments from the ppk file while exporting ssh key. Now. the problem is resolved.

Thanks,

Padmavathi

Please click the 'Accept As Solution' button on the reply (or replies) that best answered your original question.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Padmavathi
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @rushikeshvartak  @Saathvik 

The connection is successful but unable to see the files under Datafiles 

using the Json as per the document Configuring the Integration for File Transfer (saviyntcloud.com)[
{
"eic_dest_dir":"DataFiles",
"src_dir":"/download1",
"file_list":["Users-*.csv"]
}
]

Can anyone please let me know, if i missed anything

Thanks in advance!

Padmavathi

@Padmavathi : Change the JSON as below. If you still having issues I would suggest to open another thread for this new issue.

{
    "eic_dest_dir": "DataFiles",
    "src_dir": "/saviynt_shared/saviynt/Import/Datafiles",
    "file_list": ["Users-*.csv"]
  }

Regards,
Saathvik

Padmavathi
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @Saathvik 

Source Directory is not in Saviynt. it is in MFT server side inside folder ex: /download1.

The above JSON will not work in this case, right?

Thanks,

Padmavathi

Yes

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

@Padmavathi : No it that case it will not work. Whatever you have used it the right format. Do you see any error in logs while running the FileTransferJob?

Regards,
Saathvik

Padmavathi
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @Saathvik 

Thanks for the response!

There is an issue with file name. Job is configured and now connection is success and able to get the file into Saviynt.

Thanks

Padmavathi