Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Setting up OutBox for actionable email and ability to Approve/Reject from the email

KasperT
New Contributor III
New Contributor III
Hi, we have some questions regarding email services to use actionable emails and outbox for receiving email to Saviynt.

We have configured email server for sending emails and that is working fine. The details for the server was provided by Saviynt from our request.

Now we are configuring the outbox for receiving email. 
Is the server provided for the outgoing emails, suitable also for the incoming emails? We are not sure what folder name we should use?

When we run the IncomingMailARSjob, it returns this error: "Failure:Unsupported or unrecognized SSL message". What might be causing this error?

As said, the sending of emails work and we are able to send the actionable email to the manager of the beneficiary in request. When we are testing to Approve from the email, it prompts a window to a new autogenerated email to be sent. Is that correct behavior?

We have read through the documentation and it is lacking quite much information and that's why I'm asking here if anyone is more experienced than us.
10 REPLIES 10

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

For outgoing email configuration will vary but you can use same mail box. it used inbox folder & once you click on actionable button it will popup new email window its expected behavior 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

KasperT
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks Rushikesh,

Any idea what might be causing the error on the job? That is blocking us from testing the whole thing.

I suspect port number in connection. it should be 995 ideally please share screenshot

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

KasperT
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Changing port number to 995 is not working. Job fails for timeout and is not connecting to email server.

Please share screenshot of connection 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

KasperT
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

KasperT_0-1664892316210.png

rushikeshvartak_0-1664904060605.png

can you try this - Change to POP3 & Port to 995

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

KasperT
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried with the settings in the picture but it didn't help either. Job fails with error Failure:failed to connect.

I suspect your URL is incorrect

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

KasperT
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Nope, the URL is correct. It might be that Saviynt provided us Email server details that doesn't support Outbox usage. I will have to create a ticket and ask.