Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

SavPwFilter.json config settings clarification

RWolfe
New Contributor
New Contributor

Looking for more information on the "policy" settings within the password filter sync connector. The documentation that I was looking at doesn't provide sufficient explanation of the policy settings.  If there's a documentation that provides detailed information for the policy settings then please provide a link.

The question I have relates to the policy section of the sacpwfilter.json file.

1. For the dictionary file, is there any known size limitation on how large this file can be?

2. The "remote" directive under policy.  It looks like I can specify a url where a policy exists but the sample placeholder looks like I may be able to point to my Saviynt instance to validate against a policy. "https://host:port/ECM/PolicyCheck"  It looks like I could have a password policy within Saviynt and define a blacklist file so that it can be checked against remotely by the sync filter as well as any password change within saviynt for which that policy is assigned.

The use case here is that we'd like to have the ability to check against well-known comprised passwords, when the user initiates a password change, and prevent users from picking any password that exists in our defined list.

1 REPLY 1

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star