Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Saviynt for Saviynt option not in new version

Ekata
New Contributor III
New Contributor III
Hi Team,

We have recently upgraded from version 2021 to V23.4. After the upgrade we observed that the option to create Saviynt for Saviynt connector in Global configuration page is missing.
Can you please check and update on how we can achieve this as in Dev we can see that the connector is still under DB type but if we need to update in UAT and prod we do not have the option to enable it.
Do we have any document to do so. If not, please explain how we can achieve it or do we need to connect the Saviynt support team to get this created as per requirement in future enhancement. 

This functionality will be used mostly for assigning SAV roles as per now.

Please assist.

Regards,
Ekata Bharati
5 REPLIES 5

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You need to use saviynt 4 saviynt Rest connector henceforth https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/Saviynt-REST-based-Guide/page/Content/Understanding-Integration... 

you need migrate db connector to rest connector

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

So, this migration can be done by us or we require help from Saviynt to do so?

It will be same as the REST connector used or do we have any template specifically for SAV4SAV Rest connector?

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

There is an OOB SAV4SAV template available as well. Under Connection Type you can select Sav4SavREST (REST) . Also below is the link to Saviynt's postman collection that can come in handy

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/1797923/RWaLwo21#intro

sahil_0-1683045493312.png

Regards,
Sahil

Ekata
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Sahil,

Thanks for the response. I got the Template to create it but i have a small doubt regarding the username and password.

When I try to create the connection, it takes my user ID and password I guess, so do we need to put our own username and password or do we have Saviynt username and password. In the document also it is not mentioned.

can you please help on this part. Also, please confirm the URL will be same used by us for Dev environment.

Thanks

adriencosson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Ekata,

As per best practices, I suggest you to create an identity with a password you will reset and assign it to "ROLE_ADMIN" in order to manage all use cases you need through APIs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Adrien COSSON