Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Saviynt App for ServiceNow | 500 error when trying to invoke /createrequest for Enterprise Roles Add

Connoru23
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Team - We have been working with the ServiceNow team to deply the Saviynt App for ServiceNow. We are able to generate standard request but when we utilize the 'Request Enterprise Role' feature, we are getting a 500 error with {"msg":"An unexpected error occured","errorCode":"1","requests":[]} in the response of the ServiceNow Outbound logs. Additional details are below:

URL: https://removed.saviyntcloud.com/ECM/api/v5/createrequest 

Payload{"accesstype":"ROLES","username":"sfingar","roletype":"ENTERPRISE","requesttype":1,"roles":[{"rolename":"10657","businessJustification":"ServiceNow: REQ0151035 - RITM0175809 - Created by ServiceNow App"}],"requestor":"205136","requestcomments":""}

Screenshots from ServiceNow:

Connoru23_0-1702519125089.png
Connoru23_1-1702519158985.png

Note: I tried the same API from postman and got the same response.

I have attempted removed the OAuth configuration, which was suggested in another forums item, but that did not resolve the issue. Let me know if any of you have seen this behavior before and how you resolved.

Thanks!
[This message has been edited by moderator to mask URL]

6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Does role name exists ?

rushikeshvartak_0-1702521596978.png

rushikeshvartak_1-1702521603847.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Connoru23
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

The role does exist and the payload is the same as what is documented. 

Check logs

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Here you go! These are the Saviynt Logs:

Connoru23_0-1704309702353.png

Here is the ServiceNow Request:

Connoru23_2-1704309830016.png

Here is the response in ServiceNow:

Connoru23_1-1704309814581.png

Let me know if you can help with this. 

Connoru23
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

This has been resolved. I removed the OAUTH Setting configuration and allowed the Sav role to access All endpoints and it was resolved. 

Can you explain why the OAUTH Settings configuration impacts this?

Thanks!

Connor 

Removing the OAUTH Setting configuration was solution for another forum post also unable to find link

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak