Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

SAV role for read only Admin function and run analytics

Diwakar
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

We have a requirement to create custom SAV role for some users who can access some admin function like users, accounts and entitlements as ready only and run analytics with no permission to modify. Let me know how can we achieve the same? What feature access shall I add to achieve above use case.

7 REPLIES 7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • Create copy of role admin sav role and click on read only toggle button as ON on role details page 

rushikeshvartak_1-1721054174860.png

• rushikeshvartak_0-1721054131806.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Diwakar
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@rushikeshvartak Thanks for the swift response, I already tried this option however this is only meeting our first requirement i.e. read users and other entities but how to provide the feature access for running the analytics that can only be run not modify?

• Once user assigned with Readonly sav role he can't do any other activity such as running report.
  • Saviynt follows least privilege model

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Diwakar
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@rushikeshvartak In, that case how to achieve our use case to run the analytics report with read only feature for users, accounts, entitlements. I actually created two SAV roles for these two requirements.

1. Admin Role with ready only permission which you suggested.

2. Analytics role to run the Analytics reports with only analytics related feature access.

And then added test user to both the role however I am still not seeing Run analytics function. Please suggest if I am missing anything here or suggest a way to achieve our use case.

Attaching screenshot of 2nd SAV role where feature access is granted.

• As mentioned once you enabled read only flag run report access can't be provided with any other or same SAV Role

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

@rushikeshvartak In, that case how to achieve our use case to run the analytics report + read only feature for users, accounts, entitlements. Please help us to achieve this use case or let me know if it's not possible at all?

Its not possible

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak