Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

saml sign assertion

iam01
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Team,

When we enable the sign assertion option in identity providers, do we need to import IDP certificates? If so, where? Is there any reference documentation?

It appears that uploading the metadata.xml file is sufficient, based on the documentation.

Version 23.9

Q2:

The saml sso configuration can be deactivated and activated several times and still work right. We tested the saml sso a few weeks ago after successful authentication. We disabled it with the idea that we could enable it at golive time, but when we enabled it, user authenticated at idp and failed at saviynt.

7 REPLIES 7

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @iam01,

We are checking on your request and we will keep you posted.

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @iam01,

Q1- Yes,right uploading the metadata.xml file is sufficient, based on the documentation mentioned below.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter06-EIC-Configurations/Config...

Q2.The saml sso configuration can be deactivated and activated several times and still work right. We tested the saml sso a few weeks ago after successful authentication. We disabled it with the idea that we could enable it at golive time, but when we enabled it, user authenticated at idp and failed at saviynt.

>For this we require the error logs for further triage.

iam01
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi ,

When we faced the issues with sso, I requested support to revert back. They took around 4 hours to revert back and when I checked the logs all I see is reverted info nothing related to sso.

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @iam01,

Please inform me whether the issue persists in your environment or if it has been remediated.

iam01
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@DixshantValecha  I will renable the sso on Jan second week. Will keep you posted.

One more QQ, when ever sso fails, can we request support to capture the logs before they revert changes? The reason is we are unable to see any logs related to sso afterwards.

Hi @iam01,

Thanks for the update.For your second question I will check internally and provide you the required details.

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @iam01,

Upon verification with our support team, it has been affirmed that customers are permitted to request logs for additional analysis purposes.