Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Salesforce Connection setup

jayendraraju
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Champions

Today I was setting up a connection to the Salesforce application, after preparing the steps on Salesforce, I configured the connection on Saviynt to connect to Salesforce. when I test the connection I get this error

2023-06-22T10:02:46+05:30-ecm-{"log":"2023-06-22 04:32:46,057 [http-nio-8080-exec-30] DEBUG provisoning.SalesForceProvisioningService - Exception in testConnectionSalesForce: java.lang.Exception: Not able to refresh access_token, please check connection details\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2023-06-22T04:32:46.057719847Z"}

What could be the reasons.

Regards

Jayendra

7 REPLIES 7

naveenss
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @jayendraraju ,

Can you confirm if the credentials are working successfully from Postman?

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

Hi @naveenss 

Yes the credentials are working successfully from Postman?

Regards

Jayendra Raju

Hi @jayendraraju ,

Please make sure you're using the instance_url value from the postman token response. It could be a case of incorrect instance_url mentioned in the connection in Saviynt. 

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

Hi @naveenss 

instance_url is correctly set, any other ideas

Regards

Jayendra

Hi @naveenss 

We have not resolved the issue yet the message we in the logs it

"2023-06-28T11:30:36+05:30-ecm-{"log":"2023-06-28 06:00:35,887 [http-nio-8080-exec-22] DEBUG provisoning.SalesForceProvisioningService - Exception in testConnectionSalesForce: java.lang.Exception: Not able to refresh access_token, please check connection details\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2023-06-28T06:00:35.88760547Z"}"

I think the connection is unable to refresh access_token, any idea how to configure this on Saviynt or Salesforce.

Regards

Jayendra

khalidakhter
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@jayendraraju 

Please attach a Postman screenshot having a successful response.

Hi @khalidakhter 

We fixed it thank you for all the assistance. 

We fixed this by unchecking "Require Secret for Refresh Token Flow" which is part of Salesforce configuration, this step was missed by the customer while configuring it.