Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Role to Allow Managers/Application Owners to launch their own certifications

AliW
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi all,

Is there a SAV role or an option to allow Application Owners or User Managers to launch their own certifications?

At the moment, we can see a SAV role which allows a user to configure and launch any sort of campaign. We would like to give individuals the ability to launch certifications/campaigns for their respective areas. Something like a templated certification which they can't alter the settings for but can launch.

Is this possible?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@AliW what is the use case behind the same.

Ideally Campaign is the process for reviewing the access at regular interval.

Although, it can be scheduled based on timeline.

For case around where reportee details changes and you want to review access, you can launch the campaign from User Update rule for manager.

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can use OOTB SAV Role = 

ROLE_SAV_CAMPAIGN_ADMIN 

rushikeshvartak_0-1709269750873.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

AliW
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Manu269 

We want to allow Application Owners and Managers to conduct certifications on an ad-hoc basis.

@rushikeshvartak 

The OOTB role ROLE_SAV_CAMPAIGN_ADMIN would allow users to configure and create any kind of campaign. Can something be configured so that an Application Owner can only launch a campaign for their application or a Manager to only launch a campaign for themselves as the target User Manager?

Something like where they can only launch a templated campaign and the template config can't be changed.   

You can create custom SAV role and achieve same

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

AliW
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi all,

Any ideas please?

AliW
New Contributor
New Contributor

@rushikeshvartak 

It's doesn't look like that I can achieve what I'm after for with the information you've provided me. 

Looking at the Feature Access for ROLE_SAV_CAMPAIGN_ADMIN, the Create Campaign feature allows users configure and create any kind of campaign - something we don't want to enable our Application Owners or User Managers to do.

I was hoping that Application Owners or User Managers would be able to launch a (templated or not) campaign for themselves only without having the ability to configure campaigns that could inadvertently create certifications for other users.

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @AliW 

Could you please try with a Custom SAV Role with below feature access and remove the Campaign Edit templates Feature access.

rushikeshvartak_0-1709269750873.png

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

AliW
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @Dhruv_S ,

I've tried creating a new SAV ROLE and assigning it to a user and it doesn't work.

Having removed Campaign Edit Templates the user cannot even see or access the Certification module.

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @AliW 

Thanks for the confirmation. It seems it is not feasible to achieve the same with SAV role feature.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

Are they campaign owner ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

They would be.

In essence: what would be the simplest way of allowing a User Manager/Application Owner to review their subordinates'/users' access? And allow them to action this whenever they wish to?

I initially thought that we could allow them to launch their own campaign/certification but maybe there's another way of doing this?