Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Role Maximum time frame clarification

pragyapurwar03
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi , 

Maximum time frame is for how much time that role will be requested . For example if I have given Maximum as 8670 .So in end date in the ars form I can  see values till 1 year .? Is my understanding for this correct ?

What maximum value  I can put in the this field 

10 REPLIES 10

NM
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi @pragyapurwar03 yes your understanding is correct.

pragyapurwar03
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @NM , 

Please answer this as well- What maximum value I can put in this field?

I am giving max time frame as 8670 which is 1 year. But in the end date of the ars form I am able to request for 2026 as well. Technically it should restrict at somewhere in 2025 sept. Please justify

• Please confirm role type also provide request form screenshot for better clarity

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

NM
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@pragyapurwar03 for application role if it is it will allow user to select the date but won't allow user to submit the request .. it will show a pop up showing date is greater than max allowed date.

pragyapurwar03
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @rushikeshvartak @NM 

it is an emergency role.

pragyapurwar03_0-1727101278774.png

Does request gets submitted if you selected more than 2 years ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Yes, it is getting submitted.

pragyapurwar03_0-1727101709620.png

@pragyapurwar03  I have validated in 24.9 and its working as expected Please add Default Time Frame also in role

rushikeshvartak_0-1727104398601.png

Recording 2024-09-23 at 11.12.16.gif

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

NM
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@rushikeshvartak doesn't this violate the fundamental config of an emergency role?

I will try to test it out too .. either it created the task after 2 hours but that doesn't seem to be the case because end date would be 2027

@pragyapurwar03 any you try once in classic UI? In endpoint at the end you will see an option to change the setting. And can you also share the SS while submitting the request.

NM
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@pragyapurwar03 as mentioned in previous it won't let you submit the request.