Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

REST Connector - CreateAccountJSON - accountIdPath - Use Request Attributes

naveenss
All-Star
All-Star

Hi Experts,

We are integrating one of the REST based applications into Saviynt. Currently we are creating accounts from Saviynt using the OOTB REST connector. During the account creation we are passing a few dynamic attributes as part of the request body. This piece works fine. 

Challenges:

1. I'm facing a challenge  when mapping the accountID attribute since this is mandatory. I'm able to map the accountID as the accountName since the target application is not sending any attribute once the account is created as part of the response body. 

2. But the problem is once the account recon is done, the user shall have duplicate accounts in Saviynt, because during the recon, the accountID is mapped to a unique attribute. (This unique attribute is set from Saviynt by passing the dynamic attribute value from Saviynt).

Question:

In the accountIdPath of the REST connector createAccountJSON, can I set the dynamic attribute value? I tried below

1. "accountIdPath": "requestAccessAttributes.get('attrName')",

2. "accountIdPath": "attrName"

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.
7 REPLIES 7

NM
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @naveenss , 

try this

accountIdPath": "accountName".

if it doesn't work..

if we can do something with Const, I will wait for someone reply.. but i think it is not possible.

NM
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @naveenss ,

Did this work "accountIdPath": "accountName".

I edited by answer so something happened, will be helpful for others if you can confirm.

Thanks!!

Hi @NM  thanks for your response. 

Unfortunately this is not what I am looking for. I already tried this and it works. But the problem is, we have a different attribute mapped to the accountid during recon. Hence it creates duplicate account for the user in Saviynt upon reconciliation. 

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

naveenss
All-Star
All-Star

Anyways I achieved this by calling the Saviynt API to fetch the dynamic attributes and map it to the accountID using CONST. 

Thanks everyone! 

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur

NM
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@naveenss , created a separate connection to update the details or just did the same as a part of create json of application to call saviynt API

Hi @NM  nope I did not create a seperate connection. In the same connection, I setup the connection auth to connect to Saviynt API and called /ECM/api/v5/fetchRequestHistoryDetails API to fetch the dynamic attribute. 

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur

NM
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @naveenss,

Possible to share a sample..?