Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Report - Attribute Changes

sabthamis
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello Everyone,

We have a requirement to create a report which lists the user for whom the attribute changed (say  when job title and city)on user import. When any one of this attribute change we need the user to be listed in the report. 

Tried the below options:

1.Created user update rule with action as notify email which triggers email but this would be triggering each mail for one user. Will get a lot of email when there are many updates

2. Tried using the Custom SQL query we don't have table / column which list the attribute updated. In users table i got the update date but filter further when attribute change is done for particular 2 attributes

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sabthami Subramanian

4 REPLIES 4

armaanzahir
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @sabthamis ,

Can you try referring to the below documentation links and check. This should work:

Generating Reports With Binary Large Object Data (saviyntcloud.com)

Creating a report to fetch the User's History (saviyntcloud.com)

The user history changelog is stored in the usershistory  table and can be referenced when you create an analytic on IGA. 

Regards,
Md Armaan Zahir

AmitM
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

sabthamis
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @AmitM @armaanzahir - I tried already with the below query and i don't  see the changelog as readable.

select b.username, b.firstname,b.lastname,a.UPDATEDATE,a.changelog AS 'ChangedDate'

from usershistory a,users b

where DATE_FORMAT(a.updatedate,'%Y-%m-%d')=CURDATE()

AND a.USERKEY = b.USERKEY

sabthamis_0-1707478970733.png

armaanzahir
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @sabthamis 

This is working fine with alias changes to the query.

select b.username, b.firstname,b.lastname,a.UPDATEDATE as updatedte,a.changelog from usershistory a,users b where DATE_FORMAT(a.updatedate,'%Y-%m-%d')=CURDATE() AND a.USERKEY = b.USERKEY

armaanzahir_0-1707479795628.png

You don't have to define the alias for changelog column.

Regards,
Md Armaan Zahir