Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Remove Entitlement From Roles

naveenss
All-Star
All-Star

Hi,

We have a set of application roles that have a few entitlements mapped to it. Now as part of the cleanup activity, I would like to remove one of the entitlements from them. 

I know we can prepare a csv file that contains the mapping of role-entitlement to be retained and during the role association upload, turn on "Existing Role Entitlement" option. But this creates remove access task for all the entitlements. 

Is there a better way to do it? I referred below forum posts, but it doesn't help my case. 

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/enterprise-role-remove-entitlement-without-remove-...

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/need-to-remove-entitlements-from-the-roles-via-bul...

Any inputs on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.
3 REPLIES 3

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • Considering ask is not to create remove task.
    • Workarounds
      • Discontinue task using enhanced query 
      • Change request option under Endpoint - Entitlement Type - None from None Create task for time being.
      • If its same entitlement to be removed from multiple roles - remove from Entitlement -> Other entitlement attribute - Role Section

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Thanks for the response @rushikeshvartak 

For option 3, is there a bulk way of doing it. In PROD there are 500+ roles to be removed from the same entitlement. I referred to the documentation, there are no samples for it. 

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

No it will be manual activity 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.