Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Read Only SAV ROLE for dashboard and analytic report

rahul_p
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello Experts,

We have to grant the read only access to dashboard/analytics, so we are using custom sav role.

We have grant the below access to custom sav role, but when we are clicking on any dashboard tile/chart then its giving attached access denied error instead of redirecting to analytic report history:

Analytics History Details
Analytics Dashboard
Show Analytics History
Show Analytics History V1
Dashboard List
Analytics History Details V1
Show Analytics Flat History
Show Analytics Flat History V1
Show Analytics Flat History V1
Show Analytics Run History V1

Redirection working with ROLE_ADMIN.

Attaching the error.

Please let me know if we need to add any other feature access into sav role.

Regards,
Rahul
19 REPLIES 19

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Have you added the Analytics report in the SAV role at below mentioned place?

dgandhi_0-1684183962996.png

Thanks

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

rahul_p
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Thank you Devang for your response.

But I can only see the analytics tab, V2 analytics tab I cannot see. I am the member of ROLE_ADMIN sav role.

Attaching the snippet.

Regards,

Rahul

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

Can you also share the screenshots from Feature Access and Webservice Page?

Also make sure the allowed analytics are added in Dashboard tab of SAV role.

It is often observed the changes does not get reflect on the go. Hence, post adding perform refresh Sav role changes and if required, restart the instance also.

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

rahul_p
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello @Manu269 ,

Thank you for your response.

I am attaching the feature access and web service, in web service I have not added anything.

So if I need to give read only access to added dashboard and added analytics reports with redirection from dashboard to analytic history, then what web service recommended to add?

Regards,

Rahul

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @rahul_p 

Would suggest you to add if there are any v2 feature access and web service access as well.

Also make sure you are adding the dashboard and analytics to the custom sav role so that it is visible, also on the developer tools check what error you are getting when you click on the analytics/dashboard tab, this will give you a fare idea where it is going wrong.

Thanks

Darshan

rahul_p
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @Darshanjain ,

Thank you for your response. I have added analytics, feature access as mentioned in problem/issue and dashboard.

I have not added anything related to webservice as I don't know which need to be added. For testing I added all analytics and dashboard web service but still its not working.

Attaching the network log.

Regards,

Rahul

HI @rahul_p 

It looks like 403 error, Also would suggest you to remove read only and try it out once just to know so that read only access is not giving the issue, it its working fine then we may need check in detail, Do you have any FD raised for this already?

Thanks

Darshan

rahul_p
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @Darshanjain .

I have removed the read only already but still its not working. I am really sorry, I am not aware about what is mean by FD? Can you please specify it.

Regards,

Rahul

Hi @rahul_p 

I mean a Support ticket if you have raised any, if not just export ( use transport feature ) the custom savrole you created and attach it here, let me check it and see what access is missing.

Thanks

Darshan

rahul_p
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @Darshanjain ,

Thanks.

They have close it saying as per the policy, such questions/issues of how to will be raised in forum.

Regards,

Rahul

Yes that should be fine, did you attach the export as said above as i dont see it

rahul_p
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @Darshanjain ,

Attaching the export.

Regards,

Rahul

Hi @rahul_p 

Just add this feature access- 

Analytics Configuration

You should be good to go. 

Thanks

Darshan

rahul_p
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @Darshanjain ,

I have added "Analytics Configuration" but still its the same error while redirection from Dashboard.

Regards,

Rahul

Hi @rahul_p 

Please add this config as well- Admin: Admin Dashboard

This will ensure to refresh dashboard and take it to analytics landing page. This will not give access to user managing dashboard unless you have given admin menu options. so for your requirement once you add this, it will fix your issue.

Thanks

Darshan

Considering user 1 admin opened this page and later normal user opened this page due to catch he is able to access isn’t this is issue ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

rahul_p
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

read only option is enabled for normal user sav role, so I guess it will not be able to access it.

Thanks,

Rahul

Once the user logs out and login with new user , cache will be refreshed based on the new user login.

Thanks

Darshan

rahul_p
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Thank you so much @Darshanjain , redirection is working now.