Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Query on salesforce connector

NM
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi Team,

We are planning to onboard salesforce marketing cloud application in our system, have few questions regarding the same.

1) Can we use ootb salesforce connector the same.

2) if anyone has onboarded the same, what is the preferred connection type SOAP or Rest.

3) As per my understanding we receive the response in XML can we map it using rest connector if we go ahead with the same.

8 REPLIES 8

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @NM 

Thanks for contacting Saviynt forums.

Could you please confirm which use cases you want to achieve for Salesforce Marketing cloud. Based on the usecases, we can suggest you further.

Also you can refer below posts where REST connector is used.

Setup accounts reconciliation from different page... - Saviynt Forums - 18018

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

NM
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @Dhruv_S , I have not received the full requirement but want to get an understanding on salesforce marketing cloud structure and normally we will be importing user, role and also provisioning the same. Do we have document for the same to understand the integration with saviynt and salesforce cloud.

I have already gone through the provided forum post

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @NM 

Please refer to the Salesforce marketing cloud documentation below. This is a REST based connector and hence you need to use the REST or SF Marketing Cloud(REST) as the connector type.

Community Sourced Connectors (saviyntcloud.com)

Dhruv_S_0-1710404964952.png

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @NM 

Please confirm if the mentioned documentation help answer your questions.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

NM
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @Dhruv_S , Is provisioning not supported for marketing cloud? I got a response that currently only import is feasible but in document prov details are also present..Any idea about that?

NM
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @Dhruv_S any update?

As per documentation APIs are available hence provisioning should be supported

https://docs-be.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Connectors/page/Content/Resources/Attachments/Salesforce...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @NM 

Salesforce Marketing cloud is REST based connector and in REST connector you can do provisioning and import both if the API supports it. 

Hence please validate the provisioning API in postman and if it works there then REST connector will also support it. 

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma