Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Promotion of Birthright Policies from one environment to another

Oliver_Sothcott
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am doing some research into Birthright policies and how they can be promoted from one environment to another i.e. from a Dev to Test environment and wondered if there was some help or documentation that you could point me towards.

We have looked at the Transport Mechanism which we hoped would allow us to migrate policies however from what we can see there is no mechanism to promote Technical Rules or User Update Rules using the transport mechanism.

Can you tell me how this is achieved within the Saviynt tool?

Your help and support would be much appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

Nikitaj
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi Oliver,

You are right, its not possible through transport mechanism. Unfortunately, we do not have any option to achieve this at present.

Thanks

Nikita

Thanks
Nikita

Nikita, thank you for your reply, i would be interested to know how people are achieving this then. It seems a fundamental process to develop policies in a lower environment then promote to a higher one without-having to re-create them again. Please can someone tell me how they are doing this.

Many thanks

Nikitaj
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi Oliver,

I understand your concern but currently there is no out of the box way to achieve this within environments.

Recreating is the only way here.

Thanks

Nikita

Thanks
Nikita

pj5233
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Is there a future roadmap item to include policy rules in the transport functionality or to add a get and put to the API for the rules?  I agree with @Oliver_Sothcott  and would like to know how people are managing this.  I see the technical rules documentation states you can do a file based import, but says not working in 5.5 or 2020.  Is it working in 2021 version?  Is there method to export a technical rule?  (Perhaps an analytic which would pull from the database?)

Did you tried Database option (extract & insert)

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Nikitaj
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Oliver_Sothcott ,@pj5233 

You could submit this request for transporting of technical rules via our new ideas portal: https://ideas.saviynt.com/
The Ideas Portal is the home for all future enhancements and product capabilities that allows you to submit ideas, vote on ideas posted by peers and also interact with the Saviynt Product Management team.

Thanks
Nikita