Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Problem with double quotation marks automatically appearing on report upload

JohnDoe
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

This question is about uploading a CSV file from the Intelligence feature of Saviynt.

I created a report that outputs the associated email address and user for each permission to access the Azure AD group.

However, when I unpacked the exported file, I found that when there are multiple users, the users are in the same cell.
Normally I want to put one user in one cell.

The reason for this is that when Saviynt uploads, multiple users are blocked by double quotation marks, so they were considered as a single value.

I think I need to change the Saviynt setting because I didn't set it in the SQL query.

How can I avoid double quotation marks when uploading?

For reference, here is the SQL query I used to create Analytics:

select ev.ENTITLEMENT_VALUE as 'Entitlement Value' ,ev.customproperty7 as 'Entitlement Custom Property7', Group_concat(u.username) as 'Users that are part of the Entitlement' from entitlement_values ev left join entitlement_types et on ev.ENTITLEMENTTYPEKEY=et.ENTITLEMENTTYPEKEY left join account_entitlements1 ae on ev.ENTITLEMENT_VALUEKEY=ae.ENTITLEMENT_VALUEKEY left join user_accounts ua on ae.accountkey=ua.accountkey left join users u on ua.userkey=u.userkey JOIN endpoints e ON e.endpointkey = et.endpointkey where e.endpointname = "Azure AD" AND et.displayname = "AADGroup" AND ev.customproperty8 = "true" group by ev.ENTITLEMENT_VALUE ORDER by ev.ENTITLEMENT_VALUE ASC

JohnDoe_0-1692160344664.png

1 REPLY 1

armaanzahir
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @JohnDoe ,

The Group_concat function, concatenates values fetched from different records of the resultset and separates them using the comma delimited by default and compresses all the values in a single field as you're querying only one field.

MySQL does not support split functions on string values which would have enabled you to fetch the values in different columns. 

MySQL substring extraction using Delimiter - StackOverFlow

You can however utilise substring_index, use the following format which would split your users:

SELECT SUBSTRING_INDEX(SUBSTRING_INDEX(user.username, ',', 1), ',', -1) as User1,
       SUBSTRING_INDEX(SUBSTRING_INDEX(user.username, ',', 2), ',', -1) as User2,
       SUBSTRING_INDEX(SUBSTRING_INDEX(user.username, ',', n), ',', -1) as Usern
  FROM .......;

Alternately, you could try using the MS Excel feature of Text to Columns for splitting users in different columns after exporting your analytic from IGA.

Text to Columns 

Regards,
Md Armaan Zahir