Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Password change

Pavan16
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I have a use case where once the Saviynt password is changed the same Saviynt password should be synced to all user's accounts in multiple endpoints like AD.

Please let me know how I can achieve this.

7 REPLIES 7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Refer https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/AD-v24x/page/Content/Configuring-Password-Synchronization-from-...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Pavan16
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

Thanks for sharing the above document, but the above document talks about syncing password from AD to Saviynt, but in our use case we have to sync the password from Saviynt to AD and LDAP.

Pavan16
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I have used below API reference to achieve above and trigger password change tasks for all the endpoints associated to user once the new password is updated.

Saviynt Enterprise Identity Cloud API Reference v2022.0.0 (getpostman.com)

• How did it trigger change password for all apps?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Pavan16
New Contributor III
New Contributor III
{
"username":"username",
"password":"Newpass",
"changePasswordAssociatedAccounts":"true",
"endpoint":"endpoint1,endpoint2,endpoint2",
"validateagainstpolicy":"N",
"updateUserPassword":"true",
"setarstasksource":"true"
}

Used the same format as per the document.

• changePasswordAssociatedAccounts is parameters here is useful

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Pavan16
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Yes, if set to false, it is not generating the change password tasks for endpoints.