Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Not able to Import Objects under SAP Function

Dusty
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi All,

I was trying to import objects under function (under SOD module) but its not happening .

Below are the steps which i am following.

1. Uploading the file under SOD>RULESET>Upload Ruleset.

2. New functions, Risks are getting created with upload but no objects are uploaded under those [Removed] Tagging you guys for a quicker response.

[This message has been edited by moderator to remove @ mentions to other members or employees who are not part of the conversation yet]

12 REPLIES 12

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @Dusty,

Can you please perform following action and validate the same again :

a) Verify the endpoint & TCode provided in Object sheet is correct.

b) Remove the existing Ruleset and try creating the new one through file upload.

c) Once uploaded please verify the validation file which is generated to determine if there is any validation error.

Thanks.

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

sai_sp
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@Dusty Do the tcodes and objects exist in the system? Can you please confirm that?

Dusty
New Contributor
New Contributor

TCodes exist, Objects does not , not sure about that.. i was uploading the file (ruleset file with object details under it) to create those .

Please pull objects from SAP Import

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Endpoint name is missing in objects Sheet

rushikeshvartak_1-1709694063294.png

Sample

rushikeshvartak_0-1709694028859.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Dusty
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the responses.

I did added the endpoint column with values, please find the attached file which i uploaded.

Objects are still not created not sure why is that. (After upload it created the risk and function but no object)

Things are there in env. already.

i have 1 security system , 1 endpoint under it 2 entitlment types (TCODE and type1) where tcode entitlements are child  entitlements of type1 entitlements.

Then i created ruleset and under which i uploaded the datafile.

Is there any step that i am missing here?

Thank you in advance, early response is really appreciated.

Dusty
New Contributor
New Contributor

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @Dusty ,

Can you please confirm that the objects are imported from the target and those are linked to the correct Tcodes.
Objects won't get tagged from the RuleSet upload to the endpoint.

Thanks

Dusty
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Sudesh,

Thanks for responding , just to clear the scenario out .... i am not importing the data from the application its just i am creating the things out directly in the environment .

i did created SS, endpoint, Tcodes, savroles, mapped tcodes and savroles (child-parent association) , the only part of puzzle missing here is Object which i am not aware of how to create/add.

how to create and where to create that and how to map that .. with what it needs to map.

Please  guide me about Objects

Thank you so much in advance.

Objects needs to be pulled from Connector 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Dusty
New Contributor
New Contributor

thank you for quick response!!

do we have any other way other than connector?

can't we create/import via file to environment ?

Hello @Dusty,

Can you please try with the attach file and let us know if it works and then we can confirm the outcome.

I have change the format to text of the minvalue and maxvalue, PFA below screenshot.

sudeshjaiswal_1-1711597185646.png

sudeshjaiswal_0-1711597131969.png

Thanks