Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Mitigation Control Approver

rituparna_pwc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

What is the function of approver for mitigation association?

When we configure mitigation control in SoD and under association when we try to add an association, it shows us to select risk and approver.

rituparna_pwc_0-1697615833422.png

On SoD violation page, if I assign a mitigation to an open risk, it just gets closed and does not go for approval.

What is the use of approver in mitigation association? Can anyone help me

8 REPLIES 8

sai_sp
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@rituparna_pwc In the mitigating controls page, it asks for the risk because you are globally added an association to it. The control may be used for another risk as well. Also, the approver is added over here to capture history to show who has done the pre-mitigation even before the risk is flagged.

In the SOD violations, the risks which show up are detective. You can see the user and the risk which is flagged. Hence you need not add the risk name and approver name since it is detective. Anyone with the correct SAV role permissions should be able to accept the risk.

rituparna_pwc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello @sai_sp ,

Thanks for the response, but then why it says mitigation control approver? For detective SoD, if we need to apply mitigation to accept risk, does it go for approval?

When below option is set it goes for approval.

Remediate options

Select the method of remediation

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

@rushikeshvartak , if I apply mitigation control to an open violation, it is not going for approval

What is config --> Remediate options ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

@rushikeshvartak , sorry where do I see that config?

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

global config - sod

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

@rushikeshvartak , it is set to Create Task