Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

M365 Connector Import is failing due to Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\xA7\xBE V...'

shylaja
New Contributor
New Contributor

M365 Connector Import is failing with the below error message.

Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\xA7\xBE V...' for column 'CUSTOMPROPERTY11' at row 1

I know there was a similar issue for AZURE_AD import.

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/azure-ad-job-is-getting-failed/m-p/56699

But for the M365 Connector, we are not explicitly importing any columns.

We are only importing OneDrive data.

shylaja_0-1706288957480.png

No ACCOUNT_FIELD_MAPPING_JSON is specified. So no need to explicitly map the import fields to

emchar datatype instead of char  datatype.

Refer to the attachment for more details.
How do we solve this issue?
Appreciate any inputs.
Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You have smiley symbols in name which is not supported, remove from target 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Not sure I understand your solution. I do not have control over what the target name can have. I am only importing the data.

You have emoji character in entitlement name which needs to be removed from target

emoji character is 

"45" "😾" "\xF0\x9F\x98\xBE" "POUTING CAT FACE"

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

I tried querying the DB for accounts with special characters.

select name as 'accName', accountkey as 'acctKey'
From accounts
WHERE endpointKey = 'XX'
AND customproperty11 REGEXP '[\\XF0]'

I was thinking that it will return anything with a escape character. But it returned everything with a special character like '@' or '.'. If I can identify accounts with special characters in a name, I can tell other team to remove them from target.