Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Jobs are paused automatically when trying to be launched

FranciscoJ
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi community,

I am facing a strange behavior in my Dev environment:

When I launch any job, it is automatically added in the job Control Panel with a name like this 'MT_u7fkeijqga43' and it is paused automatically. To be run, I have to select it and click on Action> Resume Jobs.

For example, I am trying here to provision a new AD group based on a user update rule. This user update rule requires RuleRunJob to detect the update on the user and then execute the technical rule:

FranciscoJ_0-1723474376358.png

This RuleRunJob is paused so I have to come here every time and resume the job manually.

Do you know is there is any global config applied for this to happen? I have a big list of jobs paused. Is it possible I would have to clean firstly this list to then execute new jobs as usual?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Francisco

8 REPLIES 8

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can restart application server.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

FranciscoJ
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

We tried that. It is the same. Do you know if this behavior is set in any config?

Avoid unnecessary pausing of jobs. and if jobs are not resumed, restarting is the only solution. 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

NM
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@FranciscoJ , there isn't any configuration as such.

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I am observing the exact same issue in a client's non-production environment.  Have you ever found a fix to this?

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Forgot to mention, service has been restarted both locally and from the backend by support

flegare
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Think I found a fix: Paused all jobs and resumed all jobs.  Jobs now execute from launch.  I think earlier comment of: "Avoid unnecessary pausing of jobs" is definitely applicable.

Touchy little guy, sometimes...

Please click the 'Accept As Solution' button on the reply (or replies) that best answers your original question and hit 'Kudos' button 👍.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak