Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Issue with populating default value for the endpoint dynamic attributes

gokul
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I have created 2 dynamic attributes (role_name & languagecode) at the endpoint level and I'm using them while requesting an account through ARS. My goal is to populate a default value for languagecode based on the value of role_name.

I attempted this by using an SQL query in the default value. However, when I use a binding variable to retrieve the value of role_name in that query, the default value doesn't work. But, when I hard-code the value in the query, the default value functions correctly.

I have set the 'Parent Change Action' as 'Mapping' for both role_name and languagecode, and I have also specified the 'Parent Attribute' value as role_name for languagecode.

Any assistance with this issue is highly appreciated.

Note: Both role_name and languagecode value are derived from the dataset using the 'Attribute Type' as 'Single Select From SQL Query'

Query used in the default value:
select dv.ATTRIBUTE7 as ID from dataset_values dv where dv.datasetname = 'B_Roles' and dv.ATTRIBUTE1 = ${role_name}

gokul_0-1696423518227.png  

gokul_1-1696423654504.png

11 REPLIES 11

SumathiSomala
All-Star
All-Star

@gokul Could you please try with below queries

select distinct dv.ATTRIBUTE1 as ID from dataset_values dv where dv.datasetname = 'B_Roles'

select distinct dv.ATTRIBUTE7 as ID from dataset_values dv where dv.datasetname = 'B_Roles' and dv.ATTRIBUTE1 = ${role_name}

Also refer below doc for more details

Regards,
Sumathi Somala

If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos.

gokul
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the quick response @SumathiSomala 

I've tried by adding the distinct keyword but still the issue is same - It's not defaulting the value.

@gokul Could you please share all queries you have been used in value and default values fields for parent and child DAs.

and also share the sample dataset file

Regards,
Sumathi Somala

If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos.

gokul
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@SumathiSomala  Please find the below details.

Parent Attribute: role_name
Value: select dv.ATTRIBUTE1 as ID from dataset_values dv where dv.datasetname = 'B_Roles'
Default Value:

Child Attribute: languagecode
Value: select dv.ATTRIBUTE7 as ID from dataset_values dv where dv.datasetname = 'B_Roles' and dv.ATTRIBUTE1 = ${role_name}
Default Value: select distinct dv.ATTRIBUTE7 as ID from dataset_values dv where dv.datasetname = 'B_Roles' and dv.ATTRIBUTE1 = ${role_name}

Dataset Name : B_Roles

naveenss
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @gokul  are you seeing this issue during new account request or modify account request?

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

gokul
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@naveenss I'm facing this issue on new account request.

@gokul : Make below modification on  child attribute: languagecode 

1. Use this query: select distinct ATTRIBUTE7 as ID from dataset_values where datasetname='B_Roles' and ATTRIBUTE1=${role_name} in both value and default value
  2. Also remove Mapping from What action to perform when Parent attribute changes? and see if that works. If it didn't work then update it as Refresh

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

gokul
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Saathvik I have tried updating the child attribute as per your comment, but I'm still facing the issue. Value is not defaulted.

What is the behaviour you are seeing? It is not just defaulting the value or value is not changing as per parent?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

gokul
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Saathvik It is not defaulting the value itself.

Default value only populated on parent attribute and not on child attributes

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.