Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Is INCREMENTINDEX supported in CHECKFORUNIQUE?

prajakta
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

I wanted to know if INCREMENTINDEX operation  is supported in AD connector's CHECKFORUNIQUE  json

CHECKFORUNIQUE Example  :

{"sAMAccountName": "${user.firstname.toLowerCase().substring(0,1)}${user.lastname.toLowerCase()}###${user.firstname.toLowerCase().substring(0,1)}${user.lastname.toLowerCase()}###INCREMENTINDEX###"}

6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Technically it should not as how system will now until which point increment to stop. Hence you need to add incremental number manually. 

Did you tried using keyword if else what error you have seen in logs? 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Yes I tried multiple combinations but looks like its considered as String not getting resolved as INCREMENTINDEX. So no Error but its getting resolved as INCREMENTINDEX or jdoe{INCREMENTINDEX} 

The requirement is to generate region specific unique samAccountName by validating from AD. And the region specific combinations required to be till 999. Adding incremental number manually for all regions doesn't look  a clean configuration. 

I agree for thats one time activity you need to do. 

For future you can raise enhancement request with product team via below portal

https://ideas.saviynt.com

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Thanks for the quick response. One more question, is there any character limit for CHECKFORUNIQUE  configuration ?

4,294,967,295 characters

LONGTEXT can store the maximum characters among all four, up to 4,294,967,295 characters i,e 4,294,967,295 bytes or 4GB. This is more than enough storage for any long-form text string

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Dave
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @prajakta - If your original question was answered, please click the "Accept As Solution" button on the post that offered the best help to your situation.   Thank you!