Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Inadvertently creating duplicate entitlement_values via schema based import

rhawes
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

I have a requirement to tag a large number of privileged entitlements for a client's GCP environment, and am using schema-based entitlement import to do so. I discovered that it is possible to introduce duplicates via the schema-based entitlement import process when entitlements are duplicated in the file. Providing entitlement_value + entitlementtype in the schema import does not prevent this, meaning that it won't update the same record multiple times, but create a new one.  I assume the key to making sure this never happens is to make sure you never introduce a file with the same record more than once. 

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v24x/page/Content/Chapter02-Identity-Repository/Uploa...

Questions:

1. Is there any option to provide additional attributes on the import to ensure uniqueness when doing update-only operations? On a new entitlement, I tried adding ENTITLEMENTID to the SAV and CSV file, but the values did not map to the ENTITLEMENTID, though the job log details said nothing to indicate this. It does not seem to take valuekey into account either, which the job log details also said nothing about.
  2. I included an 'Operation' = 'Update' column, but the behavior seems the same with or without it. Is this feature operable on schema based import?

Thanks,

Richard

11 REPLIES 11

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Questions:

1. Is there any option to provide additional attributes on the import to ensure uniqueness when doing update-only operations? On a new entitlement, I tried adding ENTITLEMENTID to the SAV and CSV file, but the values did not map to the ENTITLEMENTID, though the job log details said nothing to indicate this. It does not seem to take valuekey into account either, which the job log details also said nothing about. - No Please raise idea ticket for enhancement 
  2. I included an 'Operation' = 'Update' column, but the behavior seems the same with or without it. Is this feature operable on schema based import? - Do you see option is updated in logs 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

rhawes
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi, Rushikesh

I supplied the operation (update) and the entitlement value key in the SAV/CSV files and ran a single test, which created another duplicate entitlement. Can you confirm that there's no way to prevent this from happening when using schema-based import once duplicate entitlement values exist? 

Thanks,

Richard

No. Please raise idea ticket.

Entitlement Value key is auto generated by System

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

ENTITLEMENTID is the unique field, what is the error that you get when you map entitlement id?

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

rhawes
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

I just re-performed a test of uploading a new entitlement to the endpoint with an 'ENTITLEMENTID' (spelling as specified in the Schema in the Data Analyzer). These are the attributes in my SAV file:

securitysystems,endpoints,entitlementtype,entitlement_value,entitlementid,status,customproperty30

These are the headers in my CSV file:

securitysystems endpoints entitlementtype entitlement_value entitlementid status customproperty30

Upon running the data import job I got the following error message in the job log: "ERROR column count mismatch SAV file column count is greater or less than csv file column count." It did create the new test entitlement, but there is no ENTITLEMENTID value populated. The use of this attribute is not specified in the schema based upload guide, and my testing seems to indicate that it will not recognize it. Can you confirm?

Share input file sample file

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

I performed a repeat of the import with an 'operation' column added with the action 'Update' specified. The above error, "ERROR column count mismatch" did not re-occur, but it did not populate the ENTITLEMENTID. It did update another field I used for testing on the same record. Otherwise, this CSV is identical to the one I used previously. 

• There is extra line 3 remove it 
  • Does entitlement id populated ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

rhawes
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

I deleted line 3 (though I saw nothing there), and reperformed the import. My test field (customproperty30) was updated accordingly, but the ENTITLEMENTID was not.

Importing entitlement id is not supported from import/schema import

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Thank you, Rushikesh. (Please disregard my pre-edit question, as I see you answered it above).