Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

In "register User form" custom "users manager" dynamic attribute not able to map with u.manager

indrahema95
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi,

I have created a custom dynamic attribute "user manager" in "register user form". So that user can choose any user as a manager. But as manager attribute is big int and it stores the userkey value so I tried with two dynamic attribute approach. One takes the user name and another calculates the users userkey and store it in the u.manager attribute. 

DynamicAttr1: Single select from sql: SELECT username as ID from USERS where statuskey=1

DynamicAttr2: Single select from sql: SELECT userkey as ID from USERS where username=${DynamicAttr1}
user column: manager
Parent attribute: DynamicAttr1
What action to perform when Parent attribute changes?: Mapping

It is not storing the data. I have tried to store in a cp also but it's not working. Any inputs here? 

6 REPLIES 6

avinashchhetri
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@indrahema95,

You can use the "owner" attribute in Saviynt for your use case. This stores the username of the manager. Once you map that back to the owner attribute in your form, the Manager attribute should be auto populated.

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

DynamicAttr1: Single select from sql: SELECT distinct owner as ID from USERS where statuskey=1

user column: owner
Parent attribute: 
What action to perform when Parent attribute changes?: Mapping

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

indrahema95
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thanks Avinash & Rushi. This worked. Likewise I was trying to select & save the value for organization also. But it stores the customerkey value. Do you have any suggestion for that?

@indrahema95,

Try select customername as ID from customer and map it to the customer column

I'd suggest you to go through the Schema documentations shared below and also utilize Data Analyzer to help you understand the underlying tables.

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/SSM-DB-Schema-Reference-v55x/page/Content/Identity-Repository-S...

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri

indrahema95
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @avinashchhetri ,

Yes, I have tried the same thing, but the problem is customer column is bigint which stores the customerkey, so it is unable to store the customername.  

@indrahema95,

I just tried in my local v2021 instance and works fine for me.

Regards,
Avinash Chhetri