Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

I want to restrict the delegation to only allow delegation to a user's peers on the same team

Gaurav29
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Team, 

I want to restrict the delegation configuration to only allow delegation to a user's peers on the same team. I tried to update the Global configuration and SAV roles with the below queries but it's not working. Can you please help?

Define Delegate query: 

WHERE users.username in (select u.username from Users u where u.manager=${users.id})

Select * from Users WHERE users.username in (select u.username from Users u where u.manager=${users.id})

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

naveenss
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @Gaurav29 try the below expression

user.manager=${user.id}

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

Gaurav29
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi @naveenss

I've already tried that, but it shows a blank search in 'Delegate Users'.

Gaurav29_0-1719322986364.png

Thanks

GSR
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Gaurav29 

you can try below,

select new map (a.id as id) from Users a where a.id = ${users?.id} or a.manager = ${users?.id}

Gaurav29
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi @GSR , 

I tried your suggestions, but the 'Delegate User' list still shows zero results. After defining the delegate query, I also triggered the microservices job, but there were still no results. Please let me know if I need to update any other settings.

Thanks,

Gaurav 

Thanks,

Gaurav

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

a.manager=${users.id} 

Refer https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/setup-deletgation/m-p/18830

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Hi @rushikeshvartak

I tried your suggestions, but the 'Delegate User' list still shows zero results. After defining the delegate query, I also triggered the microservices job, but there were still no results. Please let me know if I need to update any other settings.

Thanks,

Gaurav

I have validated solution, and it works as expected. validated in 24.5

Config :

rushikeshvartak_0-1719372354340.png

Validation

rushikeshvartak_1-1719372354342.png

Bob is manager of Irene (Sample User)

rushikeshvartak_2-1719372354343.png

rushikeshvartak_3-1719372354346.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

Thank you for the help here. 

This works fine when the manager delegates to someone who reports to them, but it doesn't work if someone from the same team tries to delegate.

For example, if Irene or Rahul tries to delegate access to Neeta, it returns zero results.

Gaurav29_0-1719389316464.png

Thanks,

Gaurav

PremMahadikar
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @Gaurav29 , 

The right syntax is: user.manager=${users.id}

FYI @Rushi, I am not sure how it use to work in 5.5v. Currently, if a.manager is used, Saviynt give an error: Invalid Path with nested exception.

If this helps, Please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos