Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

How to reactivate or delete malformed enterprise roles?

jralexander137
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi, I was doing some bulk role imports leveraging a csv and some of the roles were created incorrectly. Basically they were just created with the role names and nothing else. Looks like they defaulted to inactive status. I have already enabled the delete role option in global config but the deletion button doesn't show and as shown in the screenshot I am unable to modify anything in the role due to being in an inactive state.

jralexander137_0-1719375740704.png

I need to be able to re-use the role names at the very least to recreate the roles. Is there really no way to reactivate a role once inactive and no way to delete it? I am not seeing anything in the documentation to do this and no option in the UI.

3 REPLIES 3

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • You can't delete roles 
  • You can use below approch to re-use groups
    • select rolekey as roles__primarykey,1 as roles__status from roles where rolekey in (111) limit 1;
    •  

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Can't even delete roles in dev environment? Thats pretty rough from a development standpoint.

• select rolekey as roles__primarykey,1 as roles__status from roles where rolekey in (111) limit 1;

Is this query just setting all the rolekeys defined status as 1? How do you execute this? 

Run from enhanced query Job

You can't delete role in saviynt

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.