Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

How to reach out to approvers via teams apart from email

RajeshA
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

In Saviynt we have a way to notify Approvers via Email when a new request is submitted and during reminders. Apart from emails, we also want to reach out to those approvers via teams. Since Saviynt do not have this capability (Please correct me if we do) we took help from another tool called Amelia.  Amelia team provided jar file which has API calls.

Below is the use case I have and need to know what are my options in Saviynt to implement this.

1. How to trigger an API call (through jar file) from Saviynt to external application when a new request is submitted in Saviynt. This API call will pass the request details along with whom it is waiting for approval. 

2. How to trigger API call during request approval reminders. We have configured reminders to approvers in workflows, similarly apart from sending email, we need to trigger an API call to the same application about these reminders.

Upon receiving these API calls, that third party application will reach out to the approvers via teams. 

3 REPLIES 3

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

1. How to trigger an API call (through jar file) from Saviynt to external application when a new request is submitted in Saviynt. This API call will pass the request details along with whom it is waiting for approval. You can check pending requests for user and send notifications schedule jar on set frequency 

2. How to trigger API call during request approval reminders. We have configured reminders to approvers in workflows, similarly apart from sending email, we need to trigger an API call to the same application about these reminders. You need to implement logic in custom extensions based on level of approver and request submission date and send reminder notification 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

RajeshA
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@rushikeshvartak  

You can check pending requests for user and send notifications schedule jar on set frequency 
Is this through connector ? can you direct me to a link or any other forum discussion on jars

You need to implement logic in custom extensions based on level of approver and request submission date and send reminder notification

Where to go in Saviynt to see this custom extensions, can you point me to documentations portal or any link.