Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Manager not being mapped in FM

Ivan5533
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello,

We are trying to perform an import from SAP to EIC. We are using a Function Module, for this, we are using the following

USERIMPORTJSON:

{
"FUNCTIONMODULE": {
"FUNCTIONTOCALL": "#####_GET_#####_#####::#####_EMPLOYEE_#####",
"IMPORTPARAMETERMAP": {},
"RESPONSEMAPPING": "USERNAME::EMPLOYEE_ID#String,FIRSTNAME::NAME#String,LASTNAME::LAST_NAME#String,COMPANYNAME::COMPANY_NAME#String,CUSTOMPROPERTY1::COUNTRY#String,COUNTRY::COUNTRY_NAME#String,DEPARTMENTNAME::DEPARTMENT#String,EMPLOYEETYPE::EMPLOYEE_TYPE#String,TITLE::TITLE#String,CUSTOMPROPERTY11::ISMANAGER#String,CUSTOMPROPERTY14::ORGANIZATIONAL_UNIT#String,CUSTOMPROPERTY10::BLUE_WHITE_COLLAR#String,CUSTOMPROPERTY12::BROADBAND#String,COSTCENTER::COST_CENTER#String,CUSTOMPROPERTY13::COST_CENTER_TEXT#String,CUSTOMPROPERTY2::PREFERREDLANGUAGE#String,EMAIL::MAIL#String,CITY::CITY#String,CUSTOMPROPERTY20::USER#String,CUSTOMPROPERTY18::STATUSKEY#String,
"MANAGERMAPPING": "MANAGER"
}
}

We are seeing that it is not mapping the manager, we receive the manager username in the MANAGER attribute, but apparently it is not working correctly.

We have validated that the manager's username is received in this attribute and that the manager exists.

Could you help us? I don't see anything related in the logs.

6 REPLIES 6

Raghu
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

@Ivan5533  Can you try instead of manager use owner and try it

"MANAGERMAPPING": "OWNER"

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.

Ivan5533
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello Raghu,

The field in which the FM table sends the manager's username is called “MANAGER”, I don't understand why we have to use OWNER here. Could you explain it? anyway, I'll try it and comment the results.

Raghu
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

@Ivan5533  as per docuement mapping field should be use EIC field and may it getting username , not userkey right ,manager column will save data userkey and owner will capture username

CR_0-1714385259947.png

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.

Ivan5533
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello,

I have tried to change it to OWNER but it does nothing because the user is NOT being created with a manager and there is no information in owner.

My goal is that the user is created with the manager correctly, I understand that MANAGERMAPPING is used for this.

I don't understand why the way of mapping the manager changes if when importing from CSV it is as simple as writing the username of the manager in the MANAGER attribute.

In order to map the manager correctly, should I first map the manager username to a CUSTOMPROPERTYX and then use "MANAGERMAPPING": "CUSTOMPROPERTYX" ?

I have also tried to map MANAGER::MANAGER#String without using MANAGERMAPPING but I get the following error

groovy.sql.Sql.handleError Rolling back due to: Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'MANAGER' at row 1
2024-04-29T12:45:13+02:00-ecm-worker-integration.SapDataImportService-quartzScheduler_Worker-1-v8qcn-ERROR-Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'MANAGER' at row 1

Thank you in advance @Raghu 

Regards,

Ivan

Ivan5533
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello,

Finally we have solved it by mapping the manager with the inline preprocessor.

Kind regards,

Ivan

Please share working  inline preprocessor.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.